Monday, May 11, 2009

Artist Statement

Well First of all what you will be able to find in my portfolio is a variety of pictures assigned by the teacher but created by me. My pictures are fun and thought out thoroughly. Some of the projects were not exactly what I had imagined but I always tried my best. You can also find all of my work and my reflections about it. I feel that my portfolio is pretty good because it is easy to read organized and full of color.
The favorite thing in my portfolio is basically the whole setup all of the picture have like something on common that makes them look like they belong together. They all have that something that lets you know that I created it. It may sound weird but that’s what I think.
My favorite thing looking back was that we were able to take control on our projects and that we were given sufficient time to complete our projects. We were taught many awesome techniques that were very helpful while creating the projects. Over the year I have learned many things especially to use Photoshop first of all. And also how to adjust the camera to take way better pictures. What I struggled the most with was the picture taking part especially when I had to be in the project because don’t like to take pictures of myself much I would much rather take pictures of other people or other things. I think that I could improve my camera skills by exploring more with the camera and figuring out on my own how it works.
What I feel that was an influence for all of these projects was that they actually related with things that are happening or were happening in my life. Which is really cool. I have really seen improvement with all of my artist statements because I feel that my point of view has changed since I have started to see things in a different perspective.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Genesis, your portfolio is fantastic. excellent job keeping up with everything. I really like your artwork. I think your angel metaphor is beautiful- I have loved being your teacher, good luck with everything!